It's a Start

Here is Part II of the story I'm writing about my sister. Read Part I here. 

She got up and looked around, but there were only flower covered fields as far as the eye could see.
“I could certainly use some silver shoes right now,” she thought to herself. She didn’t want to spend endless days walking in the wrong direction if there happened to be a town in another. She saw a stand of trees not too far off and decided to climb one and see if she could see anything from her high perch.
Fifteen minutes later she was making her way back down to the ground muttering, “well that was a waste of time,” when, looking down, she saw a set of footprints that were not her own, heading off in the opposite direction from the way she came. Having no other options, she shrugged and followed the footsteps deeper into the trees.
Suddenly, from one of the trees she heard a yell and there was a creature leaping toward her. Alicia yelled in fright and deployed the only defense mechanism she knew, what her siblings had long referred to as the cockroach. Falling backwards she began flailing her arms and legs in the air to fend of whatever it was that was assailing her.
Alicia became cognizant of a sound emitting from the beast. “Ow! Ow! Ow!” Alicia realized that the beast was a human, and as he began backing away in terror, massaging his arms to nurse the wounds she had inflicted, he was not only human, but was a boy, about her age.
“What is the matter with you?” She snapped,” who leaps at people from trees? Didn’t your mother teach you manners?”
The boy glared back and said, “I saw you up in the tree, and you started following me. I don’t know who you are or what you’re doing here, so I didn’t think I should trust you to follow me home.”
“Well, my name is Alicia, and I don’t really know what I’m doing here either, I fell from… well, I fell and here I am and I need to figure out how to get back to where I came from.”
The boy looked at her as if he was trying to decide whether he ought to believe her. Then finally he said, “My name is Denan.  If you fell, you’re the first skytraveller we’ve had in over 1,000 years.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Give it Up

Green is the Color that Everyone Sees all Around Me

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALICIA!!