Untitled


Yesterday was one of  those days when I was reminded why I went to law school.

This last October when my church had it's General Conference Elder Dallin H. Oaks gave this talk on protecting children. I just sat there the entire time thinking, "yes. So much yes!"

I have this little blog, for anyone to see. I don't know who will come across this spot and read it. I don't know if it'll be someone who lives in Connecticut, or some one who is just struggling to come to grips with the idea that we live in a world where someone would walk into an elementary school and start shooting innocent children.

Yesterday I hugged my nieces and nephew a little tighter and told them I love them a little more.

I can do so very little for people on the other side of the country whose hearts are broken. Christmas is coming, this should be a time of happiness and love.

Just in case you've happened upon here today, in whatever mood you may be in, I want you to know that whether you were directly affected yesterday or not, you are not alone. So many people around the world are remembering you in their prayers.

I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. This means I am a Mormon. I believe in Jesus Christ. I believe that families can be together forever, and I believe that death is not the end. I believe that we have a loving Heavenly Father who is just and merciful. I believe He does not infringe upon our agency, but all of our actions have consequences, whether we suffer them in this life or in the life to come the Lord will always do what is just and fair for His children. I also believe that little children are perfect, and cannot sin. The following scriptures are from the Book of Mormon, and they have brought me a lot of comfort over the last day. I hope they will do the same for you. These are from the book Moroni, chapter 8. The verses are the numbers next to them.

Listen to the words of Christ, your Redeemer, your Lord and your God. Behold, I came into the world not to call the righteous but sinners to repentance; the whole need no physician, but they that are sick; wherefore, little children are whole, for they are not capable of committing sin; wherefore the curse of Adam is taken from them in me, that it hath no power over them;

12 But little children are alive in Christ, even from the foundation of the world; if not so, God is a partial God, and also a changeable God, and a respecter to persons;



17 And I am filled with charity, which is everlasting love; wherefore, all children are alike unto me; wherefore, I love little children with a perfect love; and they are all alike and partakersof salvation.
18 For I know that God is not a partial God, neither a changeable being; but he is unchangeable from all eternity to all eternity.


I feel a lot of love for people I've never met. It comes from that deep instinct inside of me that reminds me that we are all brothers and sisters. I'll end this by saying whoever you are I love you very much. We come from the same family and we are children of the same God and I love you. I hope you feel that, and I hope that makes you feel a little bit better.

Comments

Anonymous said…
You are an amazing person.
Lindsey Hubble said…
Thank you for this, Linds!! Thank you for your testimony and love for God and others!

Popular posts from this blog

Give it Up

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALICIA!!

Green is the Color that Everyone Sees all Around Me