Nebraska

Barreling down the freeway at 80 mph with rain pouring down. The dark clouds above me are swirling and churning, I can see them forming cyclical shapes in the sky. The wind is relentlessly pressing against Stella as lightning cracks overhead. My heart is in my throat, every muscle in my body is clenched, I am in consta-prayer mode. My mom tries to make small talk to which I can only give one word answers.

The clouds reach out, as though trying to pull the earth up into it. My thoughts center on Jackson County, MO. When the time comes, I'm going to need one of my friends that grew up in tornado country to come get me. I can't do that ever again.

I just can't handle it. I also don't ever want to drive through Nebraska like that ever again.

Comments

Dayna said…
did you take that picture in Nebraska? It makes me feel scared.

Popular posts from this blog

Give it Up

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALICIA!!

Green is the Color that Everyone Sees all Around Me