You've Got the Choice, You've Got the Time of Day

I debated about doing a "year in review" or a "new year's resolution" post because everyone does those... but I found these questions and they seem sort of intriguing so I answered them. I'm looking forward to this year. I had a recent epiphany and I am reborn. 


It's time to move on. Also,there is a post just beneath this one with pictures of Christmas.


What did you do in 2009 that you'd never done before?
move across the country and start law school

Did you keep your new years' resolutions?

um. No. I did pretty well until about April.



What are some of your resolutions for 2010? 
to keep an eternal perspective



Did anyone close to you give birth?
yes


Did anyone close to you die?
yes



What countries did you visit?
:( zero



What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
its hard to say right now. Nothing material, something of true value



What date from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
March 11. A moment of truth that forever changed me happened.


What was your biggest achievement of the year?
finishing my first semester of law school


What was your biggest failure? 

not forgiving as quickly as I should


Did you suffer illness or injury?
I got the influenza in November, and as everyone knows, I have the body of an 80 year old woman



What was the best thing you bought?
I don't know, Stella, she is a good little trooper.


Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
I am going to plead the 5th on this one because I'm letting it go and moving on. I'd rather forget and not slow down.


Where did most of your money go?
Into law school (well does it count if it is actually the government's money?)


What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Um....... I saw Anberlin in May and November, and I went to Boston, and the Pumpkin Festival


What song will always remind you of 2009?

I just get to choose one? Lets see, Relient K's entire Forget and Not Slow Down album, and True Faith by Anberlin. Also Umbrella by All Time Low. Okay listen, I can't pick just one alright? Also, ELO Hold on Tight. Okay. I'll stop now. Except also Love Story by the Hoodies. Okay okay... (birdsbydeasvail) done.


Compared to this time last year, are you: much happier, richer, nicer?
Happier: no, but I'm working on it.  Richer: bahahaha, no  Nicer: I sincerely hope so


What do you wish you'd done more of?

Overcome, forgiven, moved on. Allowed myself to meet new people. Danced in the rain.

What do you wish you'd done less of?

Cry myself to sleep, take long walks where I tried to convince God that my plan is best, it turns out I was wrong again.

How did you spend Christmas?

With the fam in AZ, seeing lots of friends I hadn't seen in months, spending time with extended family, going to the gym.


Did you fall in love in 2009?

Was already in love, does that count?

What was your favorite TV program?

I think the new one I enjoyed the most was Chuck. I'm excited for it to start again on Sunday.

What was the best book you read this year?

Uh... I read this book over the summer that I liked and now I can't remember the name of it, it was a young adult fiction but it was good. I also read Brave New World and loved it, and I finished The Physick Book of Deliverance Dane right at the end of the year and found it surprisingly good. In all honesty it was a little slow at parts, but overall, I liked the total storyline, I don't know why, it was kinda weird... but I just didn't hate it, that's all I can say.

What did you want and get?

I wanted a car and got Stella, I wanted peace of mind about Vermont being the right choice, I wanted to not die driving home from finals.

What were your favorite films of this year?

hmmm, I liked Up although I don't know that I loved it as much as everyone else says they did, I don't know sometimes people's facebook stati are so intense. I also REALLY liked the Time Traveler's Wife I know I never blogged about it, sorry, but I loved it. Also, contrary to what seems to be popular opinion, I liked Where the Wild Things Are. I watched Sherlock Holmes on the last day of the year and I liked it as well.



What were your least favorite films of this year?
I don't know, I didn't actually see a ton of new movies this year, nothing is really coming to mind except I was kinda disappointed in the 6th Harry Potter...

What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?

24, I had a pumpkin party of course, one from coast to coast actually.

What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Ha... Too late now though.


How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
I don't know. I started taking more colorful risks this past year and I've enjoyed that. The turquoise tights, the orange pumps, the orange coat. Its been fun.


What kept you sane?

Music, Henry, scripture study, prayer, church, patient friends and roommates, my sister taking care of me this summer when I was a train wreck.

Who did you miss?

Dad, Mom, Aaron, Tyler, Alicia, Madalynn, Jacob, Shena, Jackie, Sarah, Nate, Tyler Winterton, Lindsey Hubble, Kyla, Dayna, Steve, Chelsea, Kristin (I was so glad you had that end of semester party so we could hang), other people. Anyone who I wanted to see more often and didn't.

Who was the best new person (people) you met?

Kathy Francis, she is my twin.

Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009.

Hm, I learned a lot of valuable life lessons in 2009. I learned that I am not as craftily challenged as I've always believed myself to be and I think it was more of a, "you can really do anything you want as long as you want to do things that are good" sort of thing. Its hard to put it in words. I don't know.

What are you most excited for in 2010?

More school... seeing what the summer brings me... leaving the country for the first time ever... the Harry Potter Exhibit at the Museum of Science in Boston, Anberlin on a headlining tour.

What are you least excited for in 2010?

More school... school is such a conundrum really.

Comments

dances alone said…
Oh Lindsey I love it! It's fun to hear about your year, and to think about how much of that I shared with you. yeah! So i might still this, is that okay? You know how I am with answering questions. Oh and I miss you.
Ande said…
I loved this! You give such honest answers, and there is something to be very admired in that.

Can you tell I am finally catching up on reading blogs? I saved yours for one of the last. It's all about delayed gratification.

Popular posts from this blog

Give it Up

Green is the Color that Everyone Sees all Around Me

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALICIA!!