I Hear You Singing To Me

This weekend reiterated to me that the thing I need and wish for most right now is my own Walden Pond experience. My good friend Tyler invited me to go with him and a few other people up to his parent's cabin in Idaho for the weekend. It was a weekend filled with snowmobiling, games, movies, music, food, and laughter, so much nonstop laughter. It was like I took a moment to step outside the world I know into a place where I could do things that would allow me to think and write about things I need to ponder.
For the past few months I have been thinking that what I would really love to do before I head back to the school scene in the fall is take a few months to be somewhere by myself with nothing but my scriptures, a pen, some paper, a guitar, and Henry, and I guess an ipod dock so he won't die on me (and that is where the trouble comes in, but I need Henr
y with me, seriously. I cannot live sans-il.) I could just spend the time writing the thousands of songs in my head until everything that I can't sort out spills out of my thoughts and I can refocus on something new. Like creating a system for getting to know people, because my current one is pretty faulty.
I also realized that I find it safer to express a lot of my real thoughts here in this blog than it is in real life. That is until I start picturing people reading it. I can't tell you how many paragraphs I have deleted throughout the course of this blog. I think I need to work on trusting people so I can feel safe in my relationships with others. That's another thing I could do in my Walden Pond. Learn to trust.
My Walden Pond could, perhaps, look like this.

On a final note, I have to admit to you that I think my posting for the next while will be spotty at best, as I am still in the final stages of blogger burnout. Sometimes I just feel like I don't know how to say anything I want to anymore.

Comments

dances alone said…
I'm so delighted you did post this though. And that you commented on mine, because honestly, I don't feel complete until I read a Renny comment. I thought you were sort of burnt out, so I didn't expect you to have posted, but I crossed my fingers and hoped, and there was a new post from you.
I'm glad you had a walden moment. I hope you have many more.
Ande said…
I love this post. In fact I was just thinking about your conversation with Bentley about Walden Pond. I support you in finding a Walden Pond.

Also it saddens me you are on a blogging burn out. I hope that goes away soon!
Ruth said…
A wish for your Walden Experience to happen. I love the way you express yourself. I also think your new layout is great! So creative.
Keep blogging!
SushiiGirl said…
A Walden Pond experience. You said it perfectly. No deleting anymore please.

Popular posts from this blog

Give it Up

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALICIA!!

Green is the Color that Everyone Sees all Around Me