I Need a Fix in Those Heroine Eyes

Oh. My. Anberlin.
I just can't...
I don't even know where to start.

So I'll try the beginning, but just know that words cannot describe how I am feeling right now...
The evening started off with There for Tomorrow. A band I hadn't heard of until about a week and a half ago, but I've been listening to their music all week to get into the mood, and they're
way good, so I'd suggest listening to their music. They were good live too. I didn't get very good pictures of them since we were still pretty far back at that point, but I approve. After the show was over I bought one of their shirts and the lead singer was standing by the merch table so I asked him to sign it, and he agreed. It was sweet.
Then there was Straylight Run. I really liked listening to them gearing up for the concert, but we were all just a little confused because someone was missing from the band. One of the lead singers. Who sings half of the songs. Some of which are my very favorite. They did still perform Existentialism on Prom Night. I love that song, but it wasn't quite the same without the girl. Apparently she has started a new band called Destry. I guess I'll check them out, but the band would have been better with her there. Here is a picture of the lead singer just the same.
Then there was Scary Kids Scaring Kids. They weren't as bad as I thought they'd be (I guess actually meaning the audience. I did not die.) I really like their music (i.e. the guitar etc.) but they are too screamo for me. They really got into it last night though so that was cool. I was a
little annoyed because they did four more songs after they said they would do two more and I thought, "don't you understand I'd rather Anberlin extended their set?!?!?!" In the end though, it was alright.
Then. Finally. The moment we'd all been waiting for. This blog does not do it justice. You have to feel Anberlin in your blood, in order to begin to understand what its like to sing along with every single one of their songs. I adore Stephen Christian, he is amazing. Deon Rexroat, Knate the awesome drummer... all just a bunch of goodness. This concert was so cathartic for me as well. That's an excellent way to describe it. The setting, where I was standing, what they were singing. So amazing, and so needed. I couldn't really hear for the rest of the night, and I couldn't stop shaking from the pure happiness from it. I also couldn't fall asleep until 2AM from the incredible high I was on. It was so worth it. Being kicked in the head, almost getting a black eye, and being completely drenched in someone else's sweat. Fortunately most of it was Nate's, and if you're going to be drenched in someone else's sweat, I'd prefer it to be that of someone I know. I love my life. Here are some pictures... ah!

Comments

Unknown said…
anti ew.

Popular posts from this blog

Give it Up

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALICIA!!

Green is the Color that Everyone Sees all Around Me