Buyback

An ode to buyback:

Standing in line, a pile of books-
waiting forever, and wondering,
" Is this one really worth $87.95?"
but pay you must,
and in buyback you trust.
"BYU says I'll get 60 per cent,
with all of that money, I can still pay the rent!"
Alack, Alack, its a lie I fear,
the returns on my books, decrease with each year!
Its not my fault my major is history!
They're all paperback, but they sure weren't free!
They read my return price,
a dollar, maybe two, my heart is in my throat, whatever shall I do?
There is always book exchange, but oh what a hassle!
Who else would read, "History of a Tassle?"
So my dear friends, its to the bookstore I go,
hoping that next time, I'll get payed more.
I spent 40 dollars, and got $2.75
good thing I'm going back to Provo, or I'd never survive!

Comments

Kristin said…
Your statement is sad
But I fear it is true
Buyback prices are bad
And so we should sue!
Anonymous said…
Sorry Justin was a vondruke. Sorry I don't know how to spell that. Where's the beep?
Lil Renny said…
Justin wasn't really a vondrook, I think was just more irritated about getting less than 10% of what I spent on my books back and I displaced that anger onto him, good thing it wasn't to his face.
ccortez said…
Aghhh! Lindsey, why can't I live without you?
Wow. I am going to make the graham cracker french toast tomorrow morning. I hope Provo is treating you well. How has it been moving all your stuff in and organizing everything? Pretty much, I never want to move again. But then again, I can't stay in one place to save my life. Well, je t'aime et j'attends avec impatience le jour ou nous habiterons ensemble encore!!
mom R. said…
Wow! I understood that french!
Love, Mom R.
mom R. said…
I thought you were updating this spot!
Mom
micheal said…
so true!

Popular posts from this blog

How my Heart Has Longed for You

When Life Gives You Lemons

Late Night Musings: On Love