Welcome to Polynesia


The moment you have all been waiting for is here!! Its time for a photo-op! these pictures are all from Chelsea's camera, so mine will still be fun for you to look at when I return to the mainland.

On Saturday we went on the circle island tour. First stop... the Valley of the Temples. It was a cemetery that had some crazy headstones. In the back was this Buddhist temple, its actually a replica of one that is in Japan. The fish in the water were huge. I wish we had a picture of that because there were some goldfish that were so giant it was disgusting! So awesome!

Afterwards we spent some time at the swap meet. I didn't buy anything but Chelsea got herself a pearl bracelet. She tried to bargain, when she asked if she could have the $10 bracelet for five she gave the saleswoman a heart attack. It was a pretty trying time. Afterwards we went to Pearl Harbor. "Where are the picture of these momentous occasions?" you ask. Well, our ward is going again, so stay tuned for further updates on that story.

Then we went to Wal-Mart. Exciting? Yes, milk was about 4 dollars cheaper. Afterwards we went to this little place called Aoki's and had some of the best shaved ice this earth has to offer.

MMM. I got three different flavors on mine, Strawberry, Mango, and Banana, and yes, I do think those merit capitalization, it was just that good.



The beaches of Hawaii are certainly a sight to behold. This is temple beach, the one that is nearest to our humble abode on Moana Street. I wish I could describe the ocean to you because I don't think that this picture even does it justice. Unfortunately, that is impossible. Just know that the waves call to you.

The other day Chelm and I were walking along the beach which you see here and there were tons of blue bubbles all over the place.

"What's a blue bubble?"

I'll tell you. It is also known as a Portuguese Man o' War. Thats right, jellyfish. They're small, and blue, and they are deadly to all who lay sight on it. Fortunately Chelsea and I are superheros,otherwise, I don't think we would have survived such a deadly attack. Unfortunately, all of our pictures of these viscous creatures were destroyed, and so I am unable to post one.

Okay, okay, so they aren't that deadly, but they can sting, and it would hurt, I can imagine. Unfortunately, they have not mastered the art of camoflauge. The last time I checked Hawaii didn't have blue sand. Awkward...

We did get a picture of this cool little crab though!

His name is William, and he was pleased to pose for these photos, however, he refused to sign any autographs. We didn't press the matter as he can get pretty angry.

So this is my life. what can I say? I love it!! If you would like to see more pictures you should check out Chelsea's blog! Additionally, the commentary that she adds is quite refreshing after the dirge you have read here.You however, are required to return to this sight and continue reading.

What do you have to look forward to in the upcoming weeks?? A trip to Waikiki beach, My job at the PCC, a hike to Laie falls, and a shopping trip to Ala Moana! So, stay tuned for more tantalizing photographs to tickle your senses and delight your tastebuds!

Comments

Melemele said…
The fish are Koi also called Carp. You will see them in the Ala Moana mall as well. Also watch for the box jelly fish...if you get stung use vinegar.
Anonymous said…
I'm leaving a comment because comments are fun to get. I liked this post a lot. I think it is one of the best I have ever read. And I know who Melemele is. Don't you think I'm speshull? Why don't we spell "special" that way?
Chelsea said…
Hi Lindsey. Thanks for telling people to look at my blog. See you at home. Yay for Dole!!
Paul said…
Salut Lindsey. J'aimais bien ce post. C'etait vraiment incroyable et beau. Tu ne savais pas que je parle francais.
Paul said…
Hmmm. Maybe it's time to change my password...
Unknown said…
That probably true Paul... but then again, that is the risk you take with team members...

Popular posts from this blog

Give it Up

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALICIA!!

Green is the Color that Everyone Sees all Around Me