Hug a Pineapple

I am back with more photos. These will be the last ones until I return to the mainland because it is too difficult to get my pictures developed here. This post will be kind of long, but there will be pictures and links to keep you entertained.

Ah the Memories!!
I finally got my picutres developed and there were a few from before I left Provo. Like this one of Steve and Bukran at the last breakfast bash. Its crazy to think that I will soon be returning to little Provo and the dear Brittany.
The other day Chelsea and I went to the Dole Pineapple Plantation and we saw how pineapples grow. Its really so crazy. We took some pretty funny pictures that you will just have to wait to see. I also tried a pineapple float. Pineapple juice with pineapple ice cream. When I say pineapple ice cream I don't mean vanilla ice cream with pineapple chunks, I mean pineapple flavored. It was so good!!!

We also spent the day at Hale'Iwa( pronounced hall-eh-eve-uh). We looked in some of their cool little shops and laid out on the north shore. It was so fun!

In my last post I may have complained a bit about our manager, but I really do love my job. Yes, I do wear a muumuu, and no I don't hate it. The people I work with are so cool and funny, I love Asian people!!
Last week Wednesday was our day off and so we went to see the night show because we get in for free. The show is amazing!! We did buy the pineapple delight that they sell at intermission, it costs five dollars!! Its so expensive, but all the money does go to the school so I guess that is a good thing.

On Saturday our ward went to Pearl Harbor and the Swap Meet in Honolulu.
I took this picture from the USS Arizona memorial that they take you out to. It sits on top of the ship and at the end its lists the names of all of the people that died aboard. Since this was the second time I went I was hoping to get to see the USS Misouri and such as well in order to fully satiate the history bug within me. That, however, did not happen. Our bishop had made it seem like we would get to do all of that, but after we went to the Arizona memorial we left. Oh well, it was still cool to be there.

Where were they going without ever knowing the way??
So Thursday was our day off this week, and we decided it was going to be a day of extreme fun. It started at 4:30 in the morning. We went to our lovely little temple beach and watched the sunrise. It was so gorgeous,


just wait until you see those pictures. Then we decided that we were going to go on a hike. In the mountains behind the school are the La'ie ( pronounced la-ee-eh) falls, and you can go on a nice little hike to them. Chelsea had hiked there two years ago, and so I thought we were set. When you get to the trail head there is a drawn map. It says that you can hike all the way up to the summit, or at some point you can turn right onto a trail between two hills and that will take you to the falls. So we began our journey. Chelsea remembered some of the pine forests and stuff from her previous expedition. However, we finally got to the top of a peak, and the trail just ended. We were so confused. So we started walking back, but we never saw a path that veered right between two hills. I don't really know what happened... but we did get some cool pictures of the view from the top of the mountain. It was amazingly cool and I loved it.
We then took the bus to Sunset Beach to... you guessed it, watch the sunset. It was gorgeous. I loved the water there. However, the waves and surf can get pretty rough and I just kept hearing my moms voice in my head, "thats far enough Lindsey, you'll drown!!" Sorry mom, I went further out than just ankle deep. I didn't find anyone to teach me how to surf though. So I guess I'll have to save that for another day. Thursday was incredibly productive and fun though, I got to see a lot of Hawaii.

Randomness

So these are just some pictures that I have taken. One is me on the beach, and yes, the water really does look like that. The other is the beautiful Laie temple, which has a really shallow baptismal font... but it's gorgeous just the same, like a tropical Mesa temple.

Comments

Kristin said…
hey hot lindsey! 3 weeks left! can you believe it??
Lil Renny said…
Its going so fast!!!

Popular posts from this blog

When Life Gives You Lemons

Late Night Musings: On Love

What can I say to you now?